Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prom Dresses

I recently was asked to make alterations to three prom dresses.  One for my granddaughter, one for her friend and one for a friend's daughter.  It was an adventure, since formal dresses are usually made from  extremely slippery fabrics.  The two shown here were shortened. The bodice of the other one (not pictured) was taken in at the back zipper.  I had never altered an invisible zipper before, but it was easier than I thought it would be.

I was then asked, by some blogger friends to show pictures of the dresses.  I only have pictures of my granddaughter and her friend in their dresses.  This is for you Edi! (and BTW, Margaret, this is the softball GD that you made the tie dye shirt for.)


My granddaughter, Courtney is in the teal dress and her friend Anna is in the royal blue one.  They went to the prom with some of their friends.  It was great group!

4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful dresses for beautiful girls. I love that teal color.

Memories for Life said...

They all look so pretty! Thanks for sharing :) Their dresses look great!

storybeader said...

what an attractive bunch! I'm sure they'll have fun at the prom! {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

Wow, Linda! great job! The girls are all so gorgeous in their lovely dresses. Courtney looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!