Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday Show

Grrrrrrhhhhh . . . .  I'm having such trouble with my camera!!  Most of my photos are coming out blurry lately!  Same camera, but I can't figure out what's going on!  Okay, enough of the temper tantrum for today! 

Anyway, I did a community charity show on Saturday and it was HOT!  The good thing was it was out on a grassy field -- that helped. The show didn't have as many people attend as they were hopin' for, so sales were not good as I had planned. 

My granddaughter, Kayleigh, helped with the show.  She also sold friendship bracelets; she's raising money to be an exchange student in her Junior year.  She hopes to go to Taiwan or Japan.  And I got to use the new banner that I made with the help of Edi of Memories for Life Scrapbooking. I sent her fabric pieces backed with a fusible interfacing and she cut out the letters with her laser machine.  When I got them back, I mounted them on the muslin triangles and finished it up with some bias binding in red. Didn't it turn out great?! (Sorry about the fuzzy picture!)


I hung several of my quilts (also for sale) and they created some shade and some color!  Plus, quilts always seem to draw customers in to take a look!

I also previewed a new item!  Yoyo decorated Flip Flops!  They were a hit! (again a fuzzy picture! grrrrrrh)

The sun zapped all my strength and I slept for nearly the rest of the weekend.  How was your weekend?


7 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Your banner turned out awesome! It was fun getting to play with a new material for my laser :)
And your flip flops look so fun!

storybeader said...

love the banner! If nothing else, you got to spend the day with your granddaughter. And her being an exchange student - all the best of luck to her. What a great opportunity! {:-D

BeadedTail said...

The banner turned out wonderful! I would have stopped to see those beautiful quilts! Hope your granddaughter sold lots of bracelets too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! That stinks about the camera!! I was thinking that sign looked really great before I read the description. Wahoo on collaborative projects!

Aliferous Express said...

Wish I could help with your picture dilemma... that's my biggest downfall for tangible items. Now that I'm down to having only my cell to take pics with (it's 8mp so you'd think this would work just fine!). I usually do better with people and outside pics but I definitely struggle.

Your quilts are beautiful btw. :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

love the banner!
The yo yo decorated flip flops are wonderful!
the main reason I don't like outdoor shows--the weather! I've done 3 in very hot temperatures. Customers don't like to be out shopping in the heat.
but how fun that you did this show with your granddaughter!

Judy Nolan said...

Your banner is great--really eye-catching! I wish I could suggest why your photos are turning out blurry all of a sudden; it's almost as if some feature on your camera was accidentally activated, and it just can't focus.