Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alaska . . oh Alaska!

'Colors of Alaska' by nowilk11photos on Etsy


I have always wanted to take the Alaska cruise up the coast from Seattle northward. I'm not really much of a cruise person, but I would love the stops and scenery on this cruise. My son took this cruise on his honeymoon and my daughter has been on it. I've wanted to go to Alaska since I was a kid. My uncle moved up there when I was young and I never got to visit. My cousin would send a picture or two, once in a while. Then another uncle and aunt traveled up there a couple of times on the road thru British Columbia and Canada. Back then, it wasn't much of a road, very primitive in places, so I always thought it would be better to see the sights from a ship and it's stops along the coast.


I've presented several pictures here, all available from Etsy sellers. Check them out!!!

12 X 12 Tile of the largest glacier in Alaska
from Etsy shop phototiles

Since I am a private sort of person, I have sometimes fancied myself living out in the "wilderness"--instead of a Jeremiah Johnson, sort of a Jenny Johnson! I like solitude. Pictures of all the solitude and beauty are so calming to me.
"Three Amigos" by
This post was for the Etsybloggers Blog Carnival.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

It is a wonderful place...I have been there on two cruises and to Sitka fishing once. We (my DH, son and I)also were flown into a remote cabin and left for 10 days with no other humans around. It was wonderful.

Memories for Life said...

An Alaskan cruise would be awesome! I hope you get to go someday soon :)

Patti said...

dh and I are dreaming of such a trip...you've certainly reinforced our dream!

storybeader said...

I'm not one for cruises either, but I've always thought about an Alaskan cruise. Seeing whales, and all the other cold weather animals. I think it would break my heart, though, seeing a polar bear on the ice...

Emerson Bindery said...

I'd like to see Alaska, but the cold weather is a big deterrent for me...maybe I'll go during their summer!