Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Baby Quilt in Progress

Several years ago, I made a quilt for a child's bed.  I recently found that I had quite a piece of flannel left from that project. One of my favorite animals in the zoo is the giraffe.  The flannel that I chose was a colorful array of juvenile giraffes in teal, green and pink on a yellow background.

So, I decided to make another quilt, this time a smaller one--a baby quilt.  It's not finished yet, but I thought that I might share with you the process that is going on now.

The new quilt's main block is the basic nine patch.
I have repeated the same colors of the flannel.  I am quilting the sandwich now and will show it to you when it is done.   I have a small space in my apartment in which to work, so a smaller project is easier for me to quilt with my sewing machine.   Larger projects are sent out to my friend who has a studio and a long arm machine.    Here's hoping the project turns out to be comfy and cute! 

What are you working on? 

This post is for Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday meme!  Please visit the link party on Quilt Story blog.  Thanks!

2 comments:

storybeader said...

cute meme, cute giraffes! I've had a bunch sheets waiting for me to complete and sew into a book! This weekend! {:-D

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love the fabrics and the sweet colors! I don't quilt myself, but I can appreciate what others do! Looking forward to your updates.