I'm back! I have had a wonderful vacation from the riggers of promotion blogging in favor of blogging about my creativity, as I have been doing in my other blog during the month of August. I know that this sounds a bit on the unfavorable side, but I have had a time to be honest with motivations and take a frank look at my time availability.
"Promotion blogging" as I have labeled it here, is just that. A blog that exists for the sake of promoting something. I originally started this blog to promote my fledgling Etsy shop. Along the way, I have met quite a few wonderful friends in the blogging world and other Etsy sellers. Blogging has blossomed into a healthy community "thing".
In looking back over my nearly four years of writing this blog, I have made a few observations:
1) I have blogged about my creativeness, but there are so many others who do the same. There are so many great blogs out there! I feel sort of like just one of the ships sailing in a vast albeit crowded sea.
2) I have blogged about my family, from time to time, which I dearly love. (This is not strictly a family blog.)
3) I have blogged about and participated with my favorite Etsy team, the Blogging Business Artisans. I have met an awesome group of ladies (all Etsy sellers) thru my BBA team participation and consider them friends. I thoroughly enjoy participating with them in this selling journey. (If you are a serious blogger and are interested in participation with an active group, please visit our team blog.)
4) Blogging puts a bit of pressure on the writer, unless, of course, one lives for writing. I like to write, but I don't live for it! I am a "jack-of-all-trades" kind of person, but "master of none" as I can hear my dad saying. I like writing, and sewing, and painting, and reading, and creating and . . . um . . well. . . you get it!!! BTW, my BBA team has a September challenge to try something new. . . that's gonna be difficult for me!
5) I can be consistent with something! Over 530 posts just in this blog!! My gosh, I have been blogging for a long time!
So . . . . I do like the outlet of the blogging medium, if for nothing else than to have a communication outlet with you, my reader, and with my potential customers! This online selling environment can be a lonely world at times, and honestly, we all need to share our triumphs and our failures with an audience of like minded and friendly individuals. Thus, I will continue blogging after my much needed break! Hope you will continue to follow along. I love having you!
Looking forward to our chats and your comments!