Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bird Fabrics

Yesterday, while I was working in my studio, I had the window open a  little bit to let in fresh air.  I can't stand for the room to be stuffy, even if it is cold outside.  But in reality, what I let in, besides fresh air, was the sounds of birds in the trees.  It was truly refreshing to hear the various bird calls and tweets while cutting out fabric.  It made me think of fabrics with birds on them.

I have used this fabric in the past as the owner, of  the business that I make aprons for,  loves birds.  I have also used this leftover fabric for a cover for my serger.



And, I have been looking at several more bird fabrics for future aprons. The first is a whimsical one:



Colorful "paper doll" birds:


A traditional feel:


A funky Japanese feel:



 What do you think?  Which ones do you like?

7 comments:

storybeader said...

I love the first one - more realistic I guess. And I adore Japanese prints! {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

These are all so fun! I think I like the first 2 best.

Heather said...

Those are all so cute! I think I like the last one the best!!

pasqueflower said...

I like them all, but the first print and the whimsical print would be my faves.

Duni said...

Fabric with bird prints are bestselling items in my fabric shoppe :)
I LOVE the second one! So sweet :)

Memories for Life said...

Great fabrics! I love all the colorful selections.

SarahBeth said...

I LOVE the first one! I have birds of all kinds decorating my living room -- wouldn't that fabric make a great pillow! I like the whimsical one too -- very fun!