Friday, January 10, 2014

Intentional Life

2014

Goals!  Seems as if bloggers are all doing posts on business and personal goals for 2014.  I've been thinking about it, but it was so hard to come to conclusions this year.  I looked up my goals for the last two years, and that didn't inspire me!  Some of those were completed and some were not!  I hesitate to write goals and not meet them, but if I don't write them down then I have nothing to work forward to!  So, here goes:

Enamel Dollar Sign charms from charmingkathyjo on Etsy

1)  I have made monetary goals for my wholesale business and my online businesses.  Last year the online business was not where I would have liked it to be, but my wholesale business took off!  I  always have a hard time analyzing the online businesses.  One shop did well, one just sort of sat there until Christmas, and the other one was rather status quo.  I think the answer is in new creative products--we'll see how that goes!?

Poinsettia Wall Art in progress

textile wrist cuff in progress
2)  Creativity--Last year I opened a new shop, a very creative one--Abigail Jayne ART!  It did not produce a return like I would have wanted, but that does not deter me from further creativity!  Onward and upward!  I still want to explore more textile art techniques and have been asked to teach a class on textile art!



Scrap quilt block in progress

3)  I am working on two books.  One is a craft tutorial book on using scraps with instruction on scrap projects.  I want to finish it and get it published later this year.  The other book is a joint effort with my husband about our lives and how they intertwined and evolved.  It is our vision to share it with our large blended family while celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2015.

Well, that's it!  Quite a list, but I am excited to begin the new year's creativity!!


3 comments:

pasqueflower said...

Congratulations on your wholesale success. You've sewn a LOT of aprons!!! I'll be anxiously awaiting the scraps book! And what a wonderful project to chronicle your lives for your 25th anniversary.

Natashalh said...

It seems like it's the year of the book, not the year of the horse! Several BBArtisans members seem to have book-writing in the plan for 2014. Best of luck!

Memories for Life said...

I'll be anxious to hear more about your books...what fun projects!