Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hot Air Balloon Party Decorations

Yesterday  I mentioned that I might do a tutorial on my grandson's birthday party decorations.


My daughter bought some assorted paper lanterns at a discount store. She tied four strings from the frame and attached a trimmed down paper lunch bag for the gondola basket.  She decorated the "basket" with ropes and weights.  Then my SIL helped her suspend the balloons from the ceiling with fishing line.

Actually, I do not have pictures of them being made, but I think you can get the idea, from the pictures provided.

Hot air balloon

Maps decorated the walls
It was a wonderfully encouraging and educational scene, with the mind wondering how it would be to go on an adventure thru the air and around the world.  Fun, easy and intriguing!  

Tomorrow, a couple more ideas for the party!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those are really fun! Thanks for sharing!

Duni said...

That is such a cute idea! They look so cheerful :)

Memories for Life said...

What a cute idea for decorations!