Monday, April 19, 2010

New Bed Quilt

Don't ya just love fabrics? I do!

I'm wanting to pick out some fabrics for a new quilt for my bedroom. My old one is falling apart. Actually it is an imported promotional (cheap) quilt. I loved the colors and the patterns when I bought it. My room was done in a forest pattern, with bears--which I love-- and Canadian geese with a cabin like, mountain feel, complete with miniature pine trees and real pine cones--I love them too! It reminded me of the mountains that I love, but no longer lived in. I have enjoyed the quilt for several years, but because it was not well made, it has not worn well. Oh well, it served it's purpose! (Can you tell, I love the outdoors!)



I now live in a forested area and want a change (just a little one) in my bedroom, which also doubles as my sewing room. I am wanting something a little simpler. I want the quilt to still have greens and browns but with an ivory background fabric. I have found the pattern that I want, but not the fabrics. This calls for a trip to the fabric store!! Yay!! (Of course, I will be checking the Etsy fabric shops!--goes without saying!)



Here's the pattern I have chosen, but I will change it slightly. Foresty, right? I'll show the fabrics after purchase! Should be a fun new adventure!!!

7 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Can't wait to see the new quilt :) Handmade is always the best!

Kathleen said...

What a fun project! enjoy!

Julia said...

This sounds like a great project :)

storybeader said...

great looking pattern, with trees!

Marlene said...

Have fun creating your new quilt, the pattern is terrific, especially for our little corner of the world. I do not have the patience to quilt but sometimes I think it would be fun to learn how to, but I know me I would not keep at it.

Splendid Little Stars said...

That sounds like fun! I love the new pattern you chose, and can imagine you spending many enjoyable hours creating it! (which you will then show us, of course?!)

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Yes, I will show you . . . after I go to the fabric store and after I complete it! Which might be awhile!