Saturday, October 23, 2010

Aurora Colony Museum's Quilt Show

Aurora Colony Museum's 38th Annual Quilt Show!









You have a couple of days left to visit the 38th annual quilt show in Aurora, Oregon, if you are anywhere close to the area. The Aurora Colony Museum is the site of this annual quilt show which is a fund raiser for the museum and part of their mission of the historical society to promote interactive lifelong learning by inspiring curiosity about the heritage of the Aurora Colony.
I am privileged to have two of my own creations displayed in the museum show. I have also provided a quilt that was hand pieced and quilted by my mother-in-law Sarah Pruitt. It is a pattern called Grandmother's Flower Garden. Although, she called it her "12 year quilt", since it took her that long to complete it.
My quilt creations are a pansy quilt in Lavender and Green and my embroidery sampler quilt. There are many, many other quilts displayed in categories from traditional to contemporary and from antique to vintage.
Don't miss this show!


6 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Great photos and what a privelege to have quilts on display!

Very Verdant said...

I am so glad you posted pictures. The quilts are just beautiful!

Laurie said...

Wow, congrats on being in the show! And how generous of you to lend your grandma's quilt, too. I wish I could see them in person!

Splendid Little Stars said...

wonderful! Thank you for showing us the beautiful quilts!

storybeader said...

I love looking at quilts - thanks for the posting! This gives me an idea - us museum employees having a fundraiser, with OUR pieces! I'll tell my boss!

TiLT said...

awesome!!!!