Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday Fence Post

A blogger friend, Anitra of CoffeePotPeople, does a great post on Friday. She calls it her "Friday Fence Post", with wonderful photographs of all kinds of fences. I've been meaning to participate, but it got to be Saturday and I didn't get it done. So . . . here's my Friday Fence post on Saturday!

This fence is an iconic fence that brings nostalgic emotions to many people. The traditional "Picket Fence" is a symbol of 'home sweet home' for many of us. Some remember paint cans and brushes and afternoons outside "whitewashing" the fence. This one is at a museum in Aurora, Oregon and surrounds the museum grounds.

4 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

A Friday post on Saturday is still good and most welcome! Yes, the iconic white picket fence...I know there are plenty in the New England area. What kind of museum is this?

Anitra Cameron said...

Yay! I'm so glad you joined!

And I'm smiling: As soon as I read your comment saying you'd joined, I wondered if we'd ever photograph the same fence. Oregon isn't all that big, you know?

And do you know, the first fence you put up, while not one I've taken a picture of, IS one I've seen? Can you believe it?

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Margaret, this is a museum about the Aurora Colony, a communal society in the late 1800's that migrated to Oregon from Bethel, Missouri. I plan to do a post about it later this week.

Anitra--It's a small world--great place, isn't it?

storybeader said...

what a pretty fence post! Guess I'm a nostalgic kinda gal {:-D