Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tag Number Two!

A blogger friend, Patch of PatchFirstShop, has challenged me (actually tagged me) with four questions. And they are not easy questions! So here goes:

1. If you can be the Hollywood superstar (actor/actress) for one day, who do you want to be and what you wanna do that day? Well, I have never had any fantasies about being a superstar! So I thought about it. I still don't have any fantasies about it!! I'd rather be out in the elements hiking, gardening or enjoying a sunset.

2. If you have a magic door to go to anywhere in the world, what is the place you wanna open this door to? One of my favorite stories is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. The children go thru the wardrobe door into another world and time. If I could do that, I think that I would like to go to Independence Missouri in the 1800's. I would like to be a 'fly on the wall' watching all the people get ready to go overland in a prairie schooner into the West over the Santa Fe Trail or the Oregon Trail. I wouldn't be so brave as to go myself, but I would like to see the people who went and what they were like and what they left behind.

3. What is your favorite song you sing in the shower/bathroom? I used to sing lots, but life has been such a downer the last year or so--in fact the last few years, that my song is gone. When I did sing, it was usually as song from church on Sunday. I would like to recover that joy.

4. Choose between Batman and Superman. Who is your favorite Hero and why you like him? I guess I choose Superman. He was a down to earth person with a real job, but a super hero when needed. That inspires me.
So, there you go, Patch! Thanks for asking!!!!

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

In this tagging game, I think the questions as well as the answers are interesting.
I don't have/never had an interest in being a superstar either.
I love CS Lewis's books! I've Read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe probably over 30 times in my life (includes being read to).
Here's hoping you recover your joy! (It's certainly not all gone, because it comes through in your writings and communications.)

Splendid Little Stars said...

oops. forgot to tell you I posted the answers to your questions.

storybeader said...

those are hard! but you answered so easily. I can understand about singing - I only sing with the radio, usually in the car! Helps keep me awake {:-D

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Thanks Margaret,(and Deb) for that wonderful encouragment! You made my day!

CountryDreaming said...

You remind me very much of Samwise Gamgee, another big fan of gardening and being down to earth.

Here is a song Sam sung in the Tower of Cirith Ungol when things looked at their bleakest and joy a memory:

In western lands beneath the Sun
the flowers may rise in Spring,
the trees may bud, the waters run,
the merry finches sing.
Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night
and swaying beeches bear
the Elven-stars as jewels white
amid their branching hair.

Though here at journey's end I lie
in darkness buried deep,
beyond all towers strong and high,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars forever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.

http://www.naic.edu/~gibson/poems/tolkien2.html