Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Photo Review

I usually do a review, just to get myself thinking about the new year, and what I will be deciding will be my new goals.  Reviewing helps me get in the right frame.  Hope you also enjoy the review!  (Of course you can go back to any of my posts for more information on any of these subjects!)

January

Hubby and I seem to always gravitate to the beach in January.  It's quiet and restful after the holidays.  Planning to go again in  January 2014.



February

In February, I closed my Etsy jewelry shop and prepared to reopen in April or May with a new product.  Anyone remember this little sneak peek?



March

In March, I worked on new products--mini art quilts, and yo yo hair bows for my new shop and the Spring Craft shows, respectively. New works in progress, but the best event in March was the purchase on my daughter's first home.  It was so exciting!  And we had Christmas there this year!  Yay!



April 

April brought a a string of quilt shows with a friend, collegiate softball for my Granddaughter and my new shop opening! The quilt shows further inspired me on to art quilting. Did I say that I have since been asked to teach a class on art quilts!  Yay! (The one shown here is not mine but inspires me!)



May

May has mother's day, and hubby bought me a new camera!  I used it for a tutorial and got the largest traffic to one of my posts for a napkin tutorial that I did.



June

June came and went with lots of work for me making aprons!  And using my new camera!



July

July was the vacation month!  I went to my hometown to see my mom, sister and brother, and then went with hubby to Sisters Oregon for the big outdoor quilt show!  Such a fun month, I'm adding two pictures!

Hometown soda fountain/ice cream shop



August

The biggest thing that changed our lives in August was that my granddaughter, Kayleigh left the USA for Taiwan as an exchange student!  She will be gone for one year!  We miss her!



September

I was quite busy in September with more apron orders, and preparing for my hubby's sisters and my mother's visit.  We went to Seattle:



October

October was filled with more aprons -- one for my DIL shown here; a class on curved piecing for a journal cover; and lots of preparations for Christmas products--my new line of Christmas stockings (which I will show you in the November review!)



November

November brought two of the best experiences of the year!  My acceptance into a big juried show that I just loved!  I presented my new line of crazy quilted Christmas stockings, including my boot stockings and they were a hit!  My best seller for the holiday season!



And the Operation Christmas Child campaign.  Gift boxes for children around the world thur Franklin Graham's organization, Samaritans Purse.


December

All the year mostly gone, I decided to make mason jar gifts for all my (huge) family!  Lots of fun ideas and I think they were a hit!



Now, on to the New Year!  Hope you have a great holiday and are anticipating
a wonderful 2014 year!

7 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a great post and round up to your year! but you had me at 'hello' with that view of Cannon Beach .... my favorite beach anywhere

Lisabella Russo said...

What an eventful year for you! Great photos and descriptions. I hope you have a wonderful new year.

pasqueflower said...

What a fun post!! No wonder your aprons are in such demand -- so cute!! And I LOVE your Christmas stockings! Quite a year! Happy New Year!

Rose Clearfield said...

I love reading these end of the year posts. It's amazing to see how much people can accomplish in 12 months. Congrats on all of the success with your business, and I'm glad that you had so much family time this year. Here's to a great 2014!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Sounds like you had a great year! I remember seeing the picture of your daughter's new house when you first posted--it's adorable! :-) How is your granddaughter liking Taiwan? Was she able to come home for the holidays?

LanasArtStudio said...

Such a lovely idea to set yourself a plans for a new year! Thank for sharing and best wishes for 2014!

Memories for Life said...

2013 was a wonderful year! I hope 2014 is just as great!