Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day!

Today is Labor Day and a holiday here in the United States. Most of us have the day off, although in our house we are currently unemployed and home everyday anyway!  So to celebrate, I decided not to do any housework--no cleaning, no making the bed, no window washing!  Just being lazy on the couch and watching old movies!  Since it is also the time for the Muscular Dystrophy telethon, usually hosted by Jerry Lewis, another channel celebrated by running a marathon of Jerry Lewis movies!  We watched a couple of these slapstick, silly movies and enjoyed our relaxation! When I was young, I watched many many of his movies. (For those of you who are not an oldie like me, Jerry Lewis' humor was much like current comedian Jim Cary with facial expressions, antics and silliness!)

I just wanted to take the time to honor the man!

Do you have a favorite Jerry Lewis movie?

4 comments:

Della said...

I can't remember the names of the movies, but I've seen several... when I was a kid. Dean Martin was in at least one of them, too. They don't make movies like this anymore.

Crystal said...

I think he was the first buddy love. Am I right? I am sure he will be missed. :-)

Anonymous said...

Heard that he was not hosting/mc-ing this year, but not why. Looks like they raised more money in just a few hours this year!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

I know I've seen a lot of his movies over the years, but what I most remember was his and Dean Martin's entertainment show on TV.

From what I've read, he was more or less ousted from the telethon - no doubt because of his age/health. I guess they thought new blood would give things a boost. But they should have let him announce his "retirement" himself, if he wanted to.

Funny funny guy who has done much for so many.