Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cute new Product!


I have lots of scraps, since I am a fabric artist and crafter. I had some flannel left over from making my oldest granddaughter's T-Shirt quilt, so I decided to make a small one--quilt, that is--for some of my younger grandchildren!  This one is a doll quilt done rag style.    I have decided to add these to my shop for other little ones to enjoy.  Will have them in several colors soon!

The thing I like about it, is that it can also be a cuddle blankie.   Two of my grandchildren liked to take the edge of the blankie and softly rub their noses with them for comfort!  This little blanket is soft and would work well for children who need their comfort blankie when away from home. It is much easier to tote than a full sized child's blanket.    

That's what's new!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, that's really cute about your grandkids! I really love this style of quilt.

Megha Silvano said...

so cute!

hopping in 4m the blog team:)

Keytiques said...

How cute, I'm sure they are going to love them!

Rose Clearfield said...

I love this design and look forward to seeing the other ones that you make! I'm sure that they will be well received.

laura said...

Great idea for using up those scraps!

amber.threads said...

Great idea! And my son rubs his nose and lips to his soft blankie too! This handmade one is way more beautiful though!

Memories for Life said...

So cute! I have always loved rag quilts :) I still have the one my aunt made me when I graduated high school! Denim and Bandana :)

Melinda said...

Scraps are great for making quilts and yours are really adorable!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it and your comment. :)

storybeader said...

what a great present for a grandchild! It's so cute! {:-D

FabricFascination said...

What a cute doll blanket. And it can serve double duty as a comforter, how sweet.

Honey from the Bee said...

I had a blankie when I was a child and a lap blanket like this would be wonderful!

Judy Nolan said...

What a sweet and cuddly little blanket! Great recycling of fabrics, too.