Monday, February 6, 2012

Goal Progress?

I've been inspired by a blog friend, Edi of MemoriesforLifeSB to revisit my goals for 2012 to see how I am doing in the first month.  Edi's goals were all VERY specific and mine were more of a general nature. (Here's her post about her progress.) Anyway, I had to go back and read my goals, then evaluate. 

In my supply shop, I had determined to purchase more vintage fabric, if they were available.  It seems that I have not been shopping as much as I would have liked to find these at estate sales. NO shopping, you say?  Well, I think that the weather has had a little to do with that.  It hard to tramp in and out of houses where sales are with the weather dreary, cold and wet!  But I will do better! Spring is coming! :)


Madison

As to my Creations shop, I have been weeding out those items that have not been favorites, (and have been in my shop for a long time.)  Thus pruning my shop items, getting ready to add some new items to an existing line.  I have given some items away as gifts and plan to let my granddaughter, Madison, sell some of them at a school garage sale.  She is raising money for her 8th grade school trip to Washington DC. She is excited about this trip and is working very hard toward this project! (My other granddaughter, Courtney, now a senior, went on this trip in her 8th grade year.) This should clear out more items.  Then, the plan was to expand the coaster and cozy line with new types of fabrics.  I have not done this in the month of January, but once I have cleared out the old, new items will be in order!

Mostly I have been working on my own personal creativity goals.  I will save this discussion for tomorrows post.  See you then!

How have you been doing with your goals?


9 comments:

Patti said...

I'm still working on mine for 2012, but at least it's a work in progress!

Splendid Little Stars said...

I did write down some things in a notebook, both personal and business. It has helped keep me on track. I'm doing OK with goals and the year is young yet.
What sells can possibly always have a mysterious factor to it. You sell a lot of product A at one show; next show none of them sell. I sell "a lot" of scrunchies online and few at shows. My bigger ticket items sell then.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

One of my personal goals was to get some little projects done around the house. I made a list, which has helped me get a few done already.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I'm doing 12 goals for the entire year, and so far they're going pretty well! I haven't had time to start all of them yet, but the ones I've started I'm actually working on. Baby steps!

Honey from the Bee said...

What a great idea to send some older items off to your daughter to raise money. Every time I think I'm going to pull some off and re-do or like you, donate to charity, someone buys an older item.

My main goal for this year is to organize and stop having piles of stuff everywhere. I've seen the host of Hoarders on the Nate show and am determined to get my act together. I'm of course not that bad, but my desk is a disaster.

Other personal goals are to weave some more to get comfortable with my loom.

storybeader said...

great to look at goals! I set up and write about three "short-term goals" at the start of every month. Sort of like a challenge to myself, to see if I can do them. {:-D

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Deb-- I love your idea about short tearm goals at the beginning of the month! I do better with tangible, doable, short term goals!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Deb-- I love your idea about short tearm goals at the beginning of the month! I do better with tangible, doable, short term goals!

Judy Nolan said...

Great idea to clear out your shop of items that don't sell! That's hard to do, if you think too long about the time, effort and materials that went into them. However, it's a great idea to turn them into gifts, and an even better idea to give to your daughter for her fundraising efforts.