Thursday, February 23, 2012

Long Ago's Project Finished!

I have projects that are unfinished, I know you do too.  But I just had to tell you about this one project that I just FINISHED!  Such accomplishment I feel! 



I had a stack of fabric (and some trim), that I bought, actually when I lived in another state!  It was intended for my daughter.  She wanted a table runner for her newly painted living/dinning room.  No problem! So I bought some fabric.  But . . . . you know how it goes, life happens!  Well, I finished her table runner today!  Yay!







It's reversible, one side for everyday, and one side for special occasions.  And you know what?  When I got the stack down from the shelf, a receipt fell to the floor.  You know what date it had on it?  03-15-2002!  How do you like that?  I hope she likes it after all this time. 

And, I don't know what I was thinking, back in 2002, but I bought a ton of fabric, nearly three yards of each of these purples!  Anyone else need a table runner?  It might be done by 2020!  hee hee!  :-)

7 comments:

laura said...

I have so many of these projects...so I can understand how good it must feel! Congratulations - it looks super!

SarahBeth said...

I have a lot of those started-then-stopped projects laying around! It will be a miracle if I ever finish them! Good for you -- now your daughter will have a surprise!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I'm right there with you! Good intentions, you know.

Love the runner. I especially like the print side. Hope your daughter loves it!

Anonymous said...

Hahah...I've got projects like that sitting around! Love how it turned out though, especially that you've got a fancy side and a daily side.

Memories for Life said...

I love the "special occasion" side! The purples are so pretty. I know she'll love it still :)

Rose Clearfield said...

It turned out beautifully! I'm sure that your daughter will still love it. You should make another one for your shop.

Judy Nolan said...

What a good feeling that must be to finish something from so long ago! I admit that I have boxes filled with UFOs and fabrics I collected with good intentions of using...but just haven't gotten around to doing so. Congrats to you for finishing a very pretty table runner!