Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Excursion




My daughter, the lucky thing, is on a cruise! So . . . that leaves grandpa and me to babysit! Well, it's what I like to do, so we left on a little trip of our own yesterday, Memorial Day. We went to Silver Falls State Park near Silverton, Oregon. Their site is: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_211.php



Ten falls tumble from the beautiful canyon walls made from ancient lava flows. It's so ancient, that trees and other growth have covered the canyon in most places and you would never know it was there! We climbed on a tree, counted it's rings, went wading, hiked to the falls, (well, actually, the girls and my husband did all these things, while I took pictures); and, of course, we had a wonderful picnic.



I'm not getting much crafting done this week, but Kayleigh and I will be making a little birdie pillow like the one in my shop; this one for her room. Or maybe, she says, she might give it to her teacher. I'll get back to serious crafting next week when my daughter returns.

8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to have spent the holiday! Silver Falls is on our list of must see's in our beautiful state and I hope we get to it soon!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Thanks, Beaded. Check back again, I just added another picture of the falls. It was in my husband's camera.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I just had to check the links and look at a map of Oregon. Silver Falls just sounds so beautiful! perhaps one day I will be able to visit......

TiLT said...

sounds fun! I know my parents wish we left more so they could have the grandkids for a bigger chunk of time :)

Memories for Life said...

Enjoy your grandkids...it sounds like you're having lots of fun together :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww, the senses atune with my daydreams of moving north or upper west.

Thanks for sharing...

~Lily

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like fun! Where are you located? I'm in Vancouver, WA :)

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Rose-
I'm in SE Portland, the Milwaukie, Gladstone area!