Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Creative Writing

After reading a creative writing magazine article about storytelling, an idea popped into my head! [To give due credit, the idea also came from a foundation of a blogger friends recent series of continuing posts about what to do with a six pound zucchini by homemadeoriginals!] The article author asked a series of questions that one goes through when thinking about writing a story. I asked myself some of the questions and came up with this idea: How many ways can I tell the same story? What are some of the different perspectives, or viewpoints that the story can be told through? What good can come from telling the story over again? And what new information can we glean or enjoy from the retelling? So in the interest of working on my craft--in this case--my writing skills, I will proceed tomorrow with "Twice Upon an Afternoon Stroll." I don't know how many times I will revisit this idea, but I should be fun to stroll together and I hope you will join me!

9 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

What a great idea! It puts me in mind of times when two people try to tell the same story--"Wait.You left out the part about..." and "That wasn't how it happened!"

It'll be interesting to see how what you focus on each time affects the story and the feel of it.

Memories for Life said...

Sounds like a fun idea :)

TiLT said...

fun! Looking forward to following along.

HomeMadeOriginals said...

Looking forward to reading along

Erica said...

Wonderful! I cant wait to read your story (stories?) !

Annette said...

This sounds very interesting. Can't wait to read the "new" story!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

This shall be fun and interesting for all of us... looking forward to seeing what happens.

Splendid Little Stars said...

oh how fun, Linda! great idea!