Friday, October 16, 2009

Thrice Upon an Afternoon Stroll



I'm an asphalt path edged by a sliver of a grassy park on one side and a bark covered barrier on the river side. I provide a nice, wide walkway for several friends to walk together, arm and arm if they like! Plenty of room for that family with their large dog. They are having such a good time. Better than that last boy that allowed his dog to leave it's deposit on my tufted edge!
Here comes a cute couple, hand in hand. She's clutching her jacket tight around her neck; her hair is flowing around her head. I wonder what causes that action? Hmmm . . . Leaves fly upward as the man kicks them from my surface. Is he the landscaper to take care of me? They slow their pace and stand next to the barrier, don't they know that a path is for walking?
Now they are sitting on a bench. Have they abandoned their destination? Don't they know that a path is for getting to ones goal? Well, maybe a change of heart. They are moving again. They sure aren't intentional, walking from the grassy side and pausing, then to the barrier side. They will never get to the end of the path with their casual style! Oh well, they're enjoying the stroll.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I like casual strolls as well.
And my son likes them even more--we often have to pick him up if we are in a hurry. (I know, we need to slow down).

Splendid Little Stars said...

great! fun point of view!

Anonymous said...

I like, I like! When I was 18 a tree spoke to me... *wink

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Interesting perspective to write from :)

Patti said...

What fun to stroll and muse and wonder!

BeadedTail said...

I certainly enjoyed the stroll!