Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year is Almost Here!

With the new year closing in on us so quickly, I've been pondering what I want to do that is NEW! Not new years resolutions, per say, but just how I want to live life differently. My hubby has a list of things he's planning i.e. exercise to lose some weight, put more time into his job hunting project, start a new line of curriculum, etc. For me, I just want to eat better, more healthy. I have been conscience of my choices for some time, but I can do better--that's just tweeking the old.


To find the NEW part, I've turned my crafting! I've started a new line of jewelry for my design shop. Although I will be using some of my existing bead stock, I'm purchasing some new natural stones, lampwork beads, and some beautiful new clasps! I'm excited about what the results will be! Here's one of the first designs: (You know me, I'm partial to PINK!)


For my handcrafts shop, I have decided to perfect my old cozy design, create a knitting needle carrier, and, thanks to my daughter's idea, design a new toy especially for boys. Of course, all will be previewed here and in my Etsy shops!!

9 comments:

Erika said...

These sound like great ideas for the new year. I am also partial to pink--you cannot have too much:)

storybeader said...

sounds like you have a lot of good ideas. I've been kinda lost, in a daze, these past months, and haven't given resolutions a thought. I didn't get to do the present exchange either, because of the weather. That's coming up this weekend!

Marlene said...

Pretty pink bracelet - I too am thinking about what to do that is "new", I may do more jewelry this year as I have not done much in that vein this past year, but I have also started embroidering again, hmmmmm I'll start by eating better.

Becky said...

great ideas, and I looove the pink! Here's hoping 2010 is a happy, healthy, and prosperous year! ♥

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bracelet and lovely Color!!!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's a lovely bracelet - and it sounds like you have great ideas!

BeadedTail said...

I hope everything you have planned for the new year all comes true! Your bracelet is very pretty!

Joy said...

Beautiful! I love the design!

Splendid Little Stars said...

wishing you much success on everything you do!