Monday, February 21, 2011

One of my new Loves!

 Lately, I've been doing something a little different, creatively, besides my sewing.  I've done embroidery before, but hadn't done very much of it in a year or two.  I found some embroidery hoops in various sizes attached to a hanger in the back of my closet! I guess they have been hanging there for quite a while. 

So, I dragged them out and looked at them with a new creative eye!  The first few I did were redwork.  Then I tried something, again,  a bit different.  I love flowers and I tried duplicating one of my favorites--purple cone flower.  They grew wild in Missouri where we used to live.   What do you think?  I think my echinacea hoop turned out pretty good!  I can't wait to do a few more hoops! 

4 comments:

Marlene said...

I think the embroidery is lovely. Where in Missouri did you live? I was born in St. Joseph.

Crystal said...

Simple, yet beautiful. I love embrodery, crewel other needlework. I, much like you have not done it in a while. One day maybe :-)

Abby / Linda said...

Marlene--A Missourian! I knew I liked you for some reason! hee:) hee:) My husband was born in Kansas City. We pastored a church in Trenton and still own a house there. We moved to Missouri to be closer to hubby's mother in her last few years.

Della said...

Nice embroidery! I have done some myself. My last embroidery project was a stocking for my grandson. I wish I had more time for needlework, as I've tried, and like all of it.