Thursday, February 24, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Memories

Since St. Patrick's Day  is approaching, the Etsybloggers Blog Carnival topic was to write about St Paddy's day memories or traditions.  For me, memories of the day are all wrapped up in my elementary school days.  We never took much note of St Patrick's day in my family, but I loved the "green day" at school.  I was careful to wear green on that day, I didn't want to be embarrassed because I had forgotten. And I didn't want to get pinched by my classmates for not wearing green.  I didn't know why we wore green for the longest time.  Learning about the saint and Ireland was interesting, experiencing corned beef with cabbage was different, and looking for four leaf clovers became a passion in my yard.  But the best thing about the holiday for me now is that, of all things, I have a grandson with the name of Padraic, which is the Middle Welsh way of spelling Patrick.  We call him "Paddy."  So, I though I might feature my grandson in honor of St. Paddy's day!


 He loves the computer!





And has a great smile!


Happy St. Paddy's Day Everyone!

5 comments:

joeyandaleethea said...

Aww what a cutie!! Gosh I remember the days of feeling like we just HAD to wear a green shirt to school, or else be the outcast! haha. Cute post. :)

Kathleen said...

What a handsome little guy! Bet you have lots of fun with him! Happy St. Pat's!

Honey from the Bee said...

What a cutie pie!

I remember forgetting to wear green a couple times and then finding you had either green undies, socks or a small stripe to point to! It seemed SO important!

lol!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

how very sweet! i remember those "wear green OR ELSE" days too, and am now reliving them with my own kids. Janet, I did the EXACT same thing, more than once! :-)

ThePeachMartini said...

I *hate* getting pinched!! :)

What a handsome little man - and a very cool name, too!

Thanks for sharing with us, and a happy early St. Patty's Day to you! :)