Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Sonnet

My husband is a teacher, professor, and writer.  He writes to me occasionally. 
I have decided to share his words to me, on this Valentines Day:

A Sonnet for Linda


O’er yonder hill’s edge ere the sun doth break
My love for thee dwells within, no mistake


All through the morn as the sun doth arise
So dost my love for thee climb to the skies


When high in the sky the sun doth burn hot
So too my sweet love dost our love, no naught


At waning of day whilst sun doth arc down
Our love doth not wane, it still dost abound

When neath western ridge the sun doth descend
When day is then o’er love’s bounds hath no end


Whilst earth lies in darkness throughout the night
We know not light’s gone, our love doth burn bright


This sonnet I pen to thee my sweet love
E’er thanking God for His gift from above
   .     .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    ap

Ain't he a keeper?

4 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

A keeper indeed! Your heart must swell and tingle when reading it.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Judy Nolan said...

Very sweet! I'm sure you will cherish this verse. Happy Valentine's Day!

Re said...

Yes, a keeper for sure!

Laurie said...

OH YEAH! He is a keeper! I'm glad you had a lovely day!