Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Tuesday Proverb

I've been a little busy, missed posting yesterday, and today is almost over. Oh well, nobody's perfect! Many bloggers have a "Wordless Wednesday" or a special on Friday with something short. I have chosen to do a "Tuesday Proverb."

An Intro to Tuesday Proverbs:
Most of the Bible proverbs were written by King Solomon, the son of King David. David wrote many of the psalms, and Solomon left us more books than any other Old Testament writer except Moses. The Bible itself says of Solomon, he is "wiser than all men." Since this wise man has left us his wisdom, I have decided to share some of it on Tuesdays. So, the Proverb for today is from chapter 2, about the Benefits of Wisdom. These are selected verses that I like.

" My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure . . . . . . . Then you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! . . . The wise inherit honor . . . "
New Living Translation of the Bible

I promise, tomorrow I will return to crafting and the creative process!!

No comments: