Friday, January 18, 2013

Inspiration from a Friday Finds Post

Last week I did a "Friday Finds" post on yellow and pink color combinations--well, fuchsia and lemon, to be exact!  Anyway, it inspired me to do a quilt block in those colors.  I showed you the block in that post.

So, what did I do with it?  Take a look!





I appliqued some Mexican Hat flowers to it, then quilted the top, added a backing and, voila! I have a new pillow cover for Spring!



I keep a little twelve inch accent pillow on my couch and change out the covers for each season. I did a pillow cover tutorial, back in December, about my holiday pillow cover.  Remember that little snowman one?  Sew. . . .
 What do you think of this one?

6 comments:

Memories for Life said...

This looks so great Linda! I love how the flowers extend "outside the box"!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

The colors are so sweet! They remind me of raspberry lemonade.

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh that is such a great idea to change it up by the season, and your pillow is so pretty!

OnePerfectDay said...

I love the colours!!
The flowers too! It all works great together!

Rose Clearfield said...

What a cheery piece! It's so refreshing this time of year. How awesome that your feature post inspired it!

Splendid Little Stars said...

WOW!
beautiful!