Thursday, May 17, 2012

My 500th Post!

I can't believe it!  This is my 500th Post!
When I started blogging back in December of 2008, I really didn't know where it would take me!  I started because I wanted to support my new fledgling online business and I was told that blogging was one way to do it! 

So, where has it taken me?  What have I accomplished?  Do I want to continue? 

It truly has been an adventure!  I have learned A LOT!!!!  Tags, and SEO; advertising, and content; link parties, and blog rolls--to name a few!  HTML is still a mystery! Wow!  Tons of education about Internet blogging.  And because of the need for blog content, blogging has forced me to do more online research, not a skill that I used much before I became a blogger!

I have made new friends everywhere--Other bloggers, Etsy team members, customers.  I read other blogs now, never did before.  Enjoy interaction with friends online. Thanks to all my wonderful readers!

Do I want to continue!  Yes!  Even though my regular readers are not so many as I would like, I find that I enjoy writing!  I will do it for me! (and you, of course!)  I am also thinking about having my blog posts made into a book for posterity's sake.  There are many online sites that can help with this task. I will list a few:

blog2print.com
blurb.com
bookemon.com
familyheritagepublishers.com

I'm not recommending any of these, just did my research and want to pass along the possibilities.  Isn't that want blogging is all about?  Sharing!!!

See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

Congrats Linda! Creating a book of blog posts is a fascinating idea. I may have to think about that sometime! Thanks for the resources.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment! I agree with you- while networking and meeting new folks is a great bonus of blogging, the main purpose should just be for you. That way you don't get bogged down in how successful you are because you can already feel that way!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Congratulations! I started blogging for the same reason as you, but found that it has become so much more for me. I love all the people I have met through blogging! And blogging is usually an exercise in creativity and can be challenging at times. I do love that!
I started blogging in late January, 2009. I believe I met you very early on.

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations Linda! I started my blog because I heard it was a necessary compliment to my Etsy shop and although it's taken a turn into something else, it's still fun! Best of luck on your next 500 posts!

Memories for Life said...

Congrats! That's a great accomplishment! My blogging journey is much the same as yours :)

SarahBeth said...

♥´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨) Congrats!!!!
(¸.•´ (¸.•`♥

Making a blog book is a great idea!

cabin + cub said...

Congrats!!! That is a great milestone! ;)

Kathleen said...

We have talked about creating a book for our family blog because we all have shared so much family history and old pictures. Thanks for the links - I will check these out! I think making a book from a blog is a great idea!