Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nature Inspiration

My favorite Etsy team, Blogging Business Artisans, hosts a monthly challenge.  Team Member Sharla of beadedtail.etsy.com  has challenged us this month with:  "Your challenge is to incorporate your favorite inspiration into a project of your choice."

I always look to nature for my inspiration.  For me, just one look out my window into the tree tops is restful, calming and invigorating! It takes my mind away from the mundane and transports me into the infinite possibilities.  Ever really looked at a tree branch?  In one tree, there is a myriad of ways that the limbs and leaves attach to the branches, never to be redone in that exact same way again.  Ultimate creativity! And you thought a snowflake was really something!!!

So, I took my inspiration from the tree and created nothing as elaborate as God can create, but a tree none-the-less, a simple one!

 
This is my embroidered tree on muslin and homespun.  It's a button down pillow cover.  This is the first in my line of primitive country products for wholesale only.  Not available in my Etsy shop, at least not at this point in time. 

Thanks Blogging Business Artisans for the monthly challenge!  It keeps me creating!!!
P.S.  Visit  the blog link between the 26th and the end of each month to see what other members are creating and find out more about our team!

11 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

your pillow reminds me of my farmhouse days in upstate NY....love the look! wonderful pillow!

Rose Clearfield said...

How simple and beautiful! I loved hearing about how nature inspires you.

Erika said...

That is a great pillow and how lucky for the shop owner to have it in the shop! I think it is great.

BeadedTail said...

I love that pillow and it's so perfect for Oregon! I love hearing about your inspiration too!

Kaili Williams said...

Super cute pillow cover! I completely agree about nature. It is so inspiring and so incredible!

Elvira said...

Looks awesome!


I'm your newest blog follower from Etsy Teams :)

my blog: http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/

my Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllPatchedUpQuilts

Memories for Life said...

Your tree looks so cute :) Good luck with the wholesale orders!

Anonymous said...

How great! Nature is a big inspiration to me too. I love how you have those buttons on both sides too.

Splendid Little Stars said...

beautiful. your inspiration and the embroidered pillow.
I totally agree with you about nature.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful! What a lovely pillow - great inspiration, too =) Makes me want to wander outside right now...

SarahBeth said...

I love that down home, primitive look! Good luck with the wholesale endeavor -- hope you'll be able to put these or similar pillows in your Etsy shop!