Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mom, is that you?


This picture was originally posted by my friend Laurie, on one of her lovely blogs. She collects all kinds of odds and ends and makes beautiful things! I don't know where she got this picture, but the two gals on either side of the lamp stand look exactly like my mother and her sister!  The brunette looking like my mom, Jodine, and the blond like my aunt Wilma.  Both sew, and have all of their lives.  They are both in their eighties now.   My aunt Wilma, even altered an evening dress for herself the other day, because she wanted it short, not long for her granddaughters wedding!

Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out that this IS a picture of them!  Mom lives far away from me, so I am re-posting this for her to see on my brother's computer.  We will see what she says!  

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great old photo! It would be so cool if it turned out to be your mom and her sister!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Wonderful old photo. Love the saddle oxfords!

Laurie said...

What did Mom say? I can't wait to hear!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Actually my mom says it is not her, but then she is in her eighties! I am going to ask my aunt--she's a few years younger. Also, my sister says that one of the other ladies in the picture looks familiar too! I believe I know where this was taken, we'll see what my aunt says.

SarahBeth said...

Saddle Oxfords and socks, oh my! Fun picture, even if it's not your mom and aunt! It would be really neat if it turns out to be them!!