Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Charity Ornaments


30 Days of Christmas Fun!

Do you have a special ornament that needs a special display place for the season?

I do, I have several.  One is especially special to me and I wouldn't want it to get lost in all the decorations on the tree.  Besides, this ornament is just a little too big for my little tree.  It is a hand blown glass ornie that was purchased at a fund raiser for a special hospital where my granddaughter was treated for a rare disease.  (I have written about her in a previous post.)  She is doing much better now (another post);  I am thankful for her life and the awesome care that she received.  So I display this ornament, to remind me!  I leave on the tag, with the Doernbecher hospital logo. 

     
Special ornament stands are available for purchase, but I have limited space so I hang mine on the lamp knob. 

I have another ornament given to me by a friend.  It reminds me of a my blessed status as being a breast cancer survivor!  I have found a perfect place to hang it--every time I turn on  my living room lamp I am reminded of my blessed existence!  It reminds me to celebrate life!


Looks a little stark, maybe I should add a little holly to the lamp post! 

9 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

That's a lovely idea - and so glad it gives you comfort! You (and your family) deserve that. Hope your little grand daughter is well enough to enjoy Christmas - and all of the family as well.

Isobel from www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

SarahBeth said...

I like your idea of the lamps -- and holly wrapped around the lamp would be perfect! I have several special ornaments too -- one was painted by my daughter as a gift to me some years ago and it's always displayed in a special way.

Anonymous said...

How neat! I love using ornaments for decorating things other than the tree!

Rose Clearfield said...

I enjoyed learning the stories behind these special ornaments. I agree with Nancy that it's neat to use ornaments to decorate other areas of the house.

Memories for Life said...

It's great to keep special ornaments out year round or find a special place for them. These are both great ornaments :)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful ornament with such great meaning! I agree that some holly around the lamp post would look great!

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

2justByou said...

I love that last ornament! Such a blessing to be a survivor. My mom is a cancer survivor, and each survivor brings hope to others.
I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. =0)
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

pasqueflower said...

What special ornaments!! Glad that you and your granddaughter are doing better after some tough times. Stay strong.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What lovely ornaments! and the memories attached. I believe my favorite ornament is one made by my son when he was in preschool. It is the glittered top of a baby food jar with his photo inside.