Saturday, December 8, 2012

Need Ornaments?



Need some more ornaments for the tree? 
 How about making some of your own!     

Have felt?  And left over beads?  How about paperclips?  Here's what you can do:

Vintage style felt ornies 
I made these little ornies in just an hour and two.  I cut out the felt pieces (for the blue one I used a pinking shears).   Then some of the trim pieces I adhered with needle and thread and others I glued on with my hot glue gun.  Some I decorated with beads. 
Cutouts
.

Then I sewed the front and the back together leaving  the top open.  I stuffed them with leftover stuffing.  Before finishing sewing them together, I added a paperclip to simulate the wire hanger at the top of the ornament.  Need the pattern?  Here ya go:



Click on the picture and then print! You can adjust the size to your needs with your printer or by hand with a grid.  Enjoy! And, you could even use these as package decorations!  What ever you do, have FUN doing it!

3 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

Such a clever idea! very nice

Memories for Life said...

These are great! Something fun to do with kids too!

Kathleen said...

Very fun! Over the years we have made lots of Christmas ornaments - always a great family project, too.