Saturday, December 29, 2012

Etsy Shop Evaluation

The BBA Challenge for this month is to evaluate your Etsy shop in some way--several ways possible.  I have three shops, but I have chosen to evaluate, for this challenge anyway, my Creations shop. I have evaluated my other shops, including closing one of them, but for now, I will talk about the first shop I ever opened on Etsy.

Since it opened in late November of 2008, my sales have been pretty stable each year. Evaluating every year end, and wanting more traffic in 2012 (including more sales!), I have been very diligent this year to list new items, relist items, and tweet items almost daily to get more views.  (I also occasionally list items on Facebook.)


Results have been that the ratio between Etsy views vs. Direct Traffic views this year has changed over  last year's ratio.  Meaning, I am getting a greater portion of Direct Traffic views.  I believe this is due to Twitter and this is good!

In 2013, I would like to increase my views from outside Etsy.  I will be looking for ways to accomplish this. One way, I believe is to advertise with or sponsor blogs that do some promotion of their sponsors.  I have found that tweeting draws views, so this will be my first priority for 2013--more blog sponsorship--blogs that tweet.  Just one of my plans; we will see how it results!

Got any plans for your new year!!????


5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

You have some good ideas, Linda!
It's interesting that tweeting has helped with promotion.
Promotion is an area I need to work on.
much success to you!

Crystal said...

Happy New Year and much success in the coming year. :-)

Rose Clearfield said...

It's great that tweeting as increased your views! Best of luck to you with your business in 2013.

Judy Nolan said...

I am glad that tweeting is bringing you more business! It is probably different for everyone--for me, listing new items and blogging bring in the views. Good luck to you in 2013!

storybeader said...

great that you noticed the different ratios! I also believe that more direct views, and outside our circle of the BBArtisans, would be a good thing. This is the first time I've paid for advertising outside Etsy. I used to tweet about my shop, but last year stopped. Something I shop try again. Thanks for the reminder {:-D