Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Music Anyone?

Need a restful interlude now that the season is here?

During this busy season, sometimes we need a peaceful interlude. And, most of us probably need not stretch our budgets.

 I have a solution. 

Call your local high school and ask about their Christmas concerts.  There are usually band concerts, choir concerts and orchestra concerts.  Most are free.  An evening of Christmas music, relaxation and enjoyment, leaving the chaos behind for a short time.


We enjoyed a Christmas concert last night; our granddaughter is first chair cello at her high school.  We listened to traditional carols and selections like Trepak by Tchaikovsky and Farandole by Georges Bizet. 

Granddaughter Kayleigh

They finished with a greeting, that I want to pass on to you:

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

6 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

a great suggestion!

pasqueflower said...

A great idea! And congrats to your granddaughter -- first chair!

I'll be attending our three in town grandsons' Christmas concert later this month (ages 6, 8 and 10).

Memories for Life said...

I used to love watching the kids program at church too :) The little kids singing is just too cute!

SarahBeth said...

I'm sure you enjoyed that evening out! I think it's so wonderful when there are music programs in schools -- some have taken them out altogether, or only have band -- not orchestra.

Kathleen said...

Great idea! I used to go to them when my daughter was in high school - it was lots of fun.

Linda B said...

A long time ago, in a suburb far away, I used to sing in a choir and we did Christmas carols. It was fun!